Accounting Manager (#9612) - Illinois
We're searching for an Accounting Manager in Illinois.
Manage department by providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all Company activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the Company's future.
- Maintain the department’s accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives.
- Maintains adequate control procedures over all accounting and financial activities.
- Meet monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close deadlines and ensuring accurate and timely preparation of financial statements.
- Performs plant accounting functions to assure proper recording, reporting, and analysis of plant results.
- Provides for prompt feedback of financial information and recommendations for improvement to plant management to optimize results and minimize unfavorable trends.
- Ability to analyze managerial absorption costing method.
- Ownership of GL, chart of accounts, fixed asset management, cash management.
- Supervise A/R and A/P activities.
- Support payroll.
- Suggest improvements to processes as needed; enforcing adherence to requirements; support implementation and maintenance of systems, policies, and procedures.
Various Ad Hoc reporting duties.
- Strong work ethic.
- Minimum of 2 solid years of plant accounting in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax and banking working knowledge.
- Very computer friendly -- spreadsheet proficient (hardware and software).
Strong communication skills.
- Proactive, self-starter.
- Willingness and ability to learn new things.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
Ability to work well with both staff and vendors.
- Office environment with occasional plant floor visits.