3D CAD Detailer (#9623) - Indiana
Industry: Design and Construction
Plan mechanical / architectural drawings, schematics & fabrication details by reviewing sketches, descriptions, specifications, and supporting documents.
Industrial refrigeration, food process, and mechanical contracting company specializing in industrial ammonia refrigeration systems: requires an extensive amount of experience and technical education. Developed a high degree of customer loyalty due to its ability to provide the "personal service" required to meet the comprehensive needs of its clients.
Looking for a CAD Detailer to join the team in our Indiana home office.
The position involves working within our CAD Group to produce Design, Construction, Fabrication, and As-Built Drawings for projects we perform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans mechanical/architectural drawings, schematics & fabrication details by reviewing sketches, descriptions, specifications, and supporting documents; conferring with engineers and product designers.
- Prepares mechanical details and drawings by rendering sectional, auxiliary, and multiview’s, sub-assemblies, pictorials, dimensions, and developments; producing two- and three-dimensional orthographic projections using computer-aided design (CAD) and pictorial techniques; producing three-dimensional (3-D) models including 3-D and spherical coordinates.
- Prepares schematics by developing 2-D product & identification drawings for our process safety management team. Develop schematics for project design & development for our project engineers.
- Prepares fabrication details by developing 2-D & 3-D sketches based on hand sketches taken from a field survey or from sketches & notes given from a project Develop bill of materials based on completed fabrication details.
- Modifies drawings by analyzing, resolving, and incorporating changes.
- Documents work by recording data and drawings; updating databases.
- Complies with legal requirements by adhering to codes and regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience using AutoCAD.
- 3-5 years of experience using Revit.
- Experience using CADmep and Autodesk Fabrication is a plus.
- Able to use drafting tools and to perform 2-D and 3-D drafting.
- Possess design, conceptual, and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Able to analyze information and be thorough.
Possess multi-tasking skills and be able to work in a fast-paced work environment.
Salary will be based on experience up to $60k annually.
Benefits include a 401(k) program with company match, employer-sponsored health insurance, paid holidays, and paid vacation time.Apply for this position.