2nd Shift Extrusion Supervisor (#9714) - MI
An aluminum extrusion facility is looking for a 2nd shift extrusion supervisor.
This position will have total ownership of the extrusion operation on their assigned shift. They will lead team members in a safe working environment to deliver product to our customer that meets their specifications and on-time dates while achieving measurable objectives and making process and safety improvements.
- Safety is our #1 objective. Coach and observe that Team Members are performing their function in a safe manner.
- Involvement in eliminating risks and driving a safe culture.
- Leads team in the manufacturing of quality parts to meet customer expectations
- Operate and Execute to the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Ensure Team members are properly trained for critical 6, Perform Safety Audits, Utilize IMS system to track activity.
- Training of all team Members to qualify for their respective job descriptions
- Be a resource for every Team Member to effectively perform their function.
- Conduct daily audits to ensure Team Members are following 5S, ISO/TS Procedures, Standardized work/SCS Recipes, and performing quality inspections.
- Maintain Process Control to drive productivity, recovery, downtime, and quality through the use of Genesis tools.
- Drive corrective action to eliminate customer and internal quality concerns to prevent reoccurrence.
- Maintain proper staffing and all performance, attendance, training records.
- Handle disciplinary action involving the hourly production workforce when necessary.
Must be able to work overtime, including weekends and holidays.
- 3 - 5 years experience in a supervisory/leader position or College/Technical school equivalent.
- Computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Previous aluminum extrusion experience preferred.
- Ability to function successfully in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with subordinates, co-workers, other supervisors, and managers individually and with groups.
- Goal and results orientated.
- High school diploma required.
- Experience working in Union environment preferred.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Limited opportunity for sitting but must be able to sit for extended period of time if necessary.
- Frequent bending, reaching, grasping, lifting 5-50 pounds.
- Limited pushing/pulling, climbing.
- Must have necessary hearing, vision, speech to perform all functions of the job.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperature conditions (hot and cold).